Showing all 2 results
What is Lexapro?
Lexapro is a commonly prescribed medication used to treat depression and anxiety disorders. It is a member of the medication class referred to as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). This medication works by increasing the levels of serotonin, a chemical messenger in the brain that helps regulate mood, in the brain.
To treat major depressive disorder (MDD), the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) initially approved Lexapro in 2002. Since then, generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) and panic disorder have also been approved uses for it (PD).
There is still some confusion over Lexapro’s precise mode of action. On the other hand, it is thought that the drug functions by preventing serotonin from being reabsorbed into nerve cells, increasing the amount of serotonin that is accessible in the brain. Serotonin levels have been shown to rise, which may elevate mood and lessen anxiety and depressive symptoms.
Warnings and precautions
To guarantee safe and efficient use of the medication, there are a few precautions that must be taken when using Lexapro (escitalopram). The following safety measures should be remembered:
- Observe the advice given by your healthcare provider: Follow your doctor’s instructions to the letter when using Lexapro. Do not discontinue taking it or adjust the dosage without first talking to your doctor.
- Notify Your Medical Professional: Ensure that the healthcare professional you are seeing has a thorough understanding of your entire medical history, including any allergies, diseases, and any medications or supplements you may be taking. Preventing possible drug interactions or allergic reactions requires knowledge of this information.
- Avoid Alcohol: When taking Lexapro, limit or stay away from alcohol. Alcohol may worsen the drug’s negative effects and interact with it.
- Be Wary When Operating Machinery or Driving: Certain people may experience lightheadedness or drowsiness when taking Lexapro. Until you know how the drug affects you, drive carefully and don’t operate heavy machinery.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: Talk to your doctor about the advantages and disadvantages of taking Lexapro if you are pregnant, intend to become a mother, or are currently nursing a baby. Breast milk can transmit the drug Lexapro to newborns.
You will get the most out of Lexapro if you follow these guidelines after purchasing the medication online.
Drug interaction details
Before taking Lexapro with other prescriptions that cause drowsiness, such as narcotic painkillers, sleep aids, muscle relaxants, or medications for anxiety or seizures, speak with your healthcare provider. Tell your medical professional about everything you are taking right now, especially if you are on a blood thinner like warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven).
Several medications may interact with Lexapro, therefore it’s best to avoid specific combos. You must provide your healthcare provider with a list of all the medications you use, including prescription and over-the-counter drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements if you purchase Lexapro online.
The age of the patient, their health, and the cause for the prescription can all affect the proper dosage of Lexapro (escitalopram). Generalized anxiety disorder and depression are two typical conditions treated with Lexapro. It’s critical to adhere to your doctor’s recommended dose guidelines and never change them without first speaking with your healthcare professional.
However, the standard starting dose of Lexapro for treating depression in adults and adolescents (12–17 years old) is usually 10 milligrams once daily; if needed, this can be increased to 20 mg once daily after a few weeks.
Adults with generalized anxiety disorder typically start with a lower initial dose of Lexapro, 10 mg once a day, and can advance to the maximum dose of Lexapro, 20 mg once daily, depending on how well they respond to the medication.
Before adjusting the dosage of any drug, always get advice from the medical practitioner who prescribed it. If necessary, they will take into account your unique circumstances and modify the dosage accordingly. With the right steps, you can get Lexapro online from our pharmacy.
Lexapro side effects
Like other drugs, adverse effects are possible with Lexapro. It’s important to keep in mind that not everyone may encounter these adverse effects, and some may do so to a lesser extent than others. The following are some typical Lexapro adverse effects:
- Nausea: One of the most frequent side effects of starting Lexapro is nausea. Taking medication with food could lessen this discomfort.
- Headache: While using Lexapro, some people may have headaches.
- Dry mouth: This is yet another typical adverse reaction. Using sugar-free gum or lozenges and drinking plenty of water will help reduce this symptom.
- Drowsiness or Fatigue: Some people may experience drowsiness or fatigue after taking Lexapro, particularly when they first start taking the prescription. To lessen this effect, it’s usually advised to take it at the same time every day.
- Insomnia: Conversely, some people may experience insomnia as a result of using Lexapro. If this is a serious problem for you, talk to your healthcare provider about changing when you take your medication or experimenting with alternative sleep-enhancing techniques.
- Weight Changes: While using Lexapro, some people may experience weight gain or reduction.
- Bruising and Bleeding: Rarely, Lexapro may interfere with blood coagulation, increasing the chance of bruising or bleeding. Get in touch with your healthcare practitioner if you observe any odd bleeding or bruises.
You can see more adverse effects in addition to these, as this is not an exhaustive list. Buying Lexapro online from our online pharmacy entitles you to a free, accurate consultation with one of our knowledgeable healthcare professionals, perhaps reducing the likelihood of adverse effects.
You can buy Lexapro online for overnight delivery or anytime you need it because we provide 24/7/365 online pharmacy services.